Do your skirts suddenly feel tight around your middle? Is your belly turning into something off of a scary movie? Blame it on pregnancies, busyness, and that unavoidable middle age that sneaks up on the best of us. Between kids, work and just plain life, your gym visits and workouts are few and far between. A better diet and the gym can help some but most of the time, it is almost impossible to get back to “how it used to be”.
No worries!! Luckily, there are many things you can do to help hide your belly. Here are six great fashion tricks on how to hide your belly with fashion and clothes.
1. Do not wear anything tight or clingy over your belly. Choose tops that skim over your belly without being tight or clingy. This will help hide any extra bulges and give you a seamless appearance.
2. Choose tops with ruching or drape. Ruching is when the fabric is gathered and sewn down at a seam. Ruching and draping both help disguise and hide that little extra in the belly area and is very slimming. Here are some examples of tops with ruching and draping.
3. Create a vertical body line with a long cardigan, jacket or top. Creating a vertical appearance will make you appear taller and leaner. The eye will drawn up and down and away from your middle. Here are some examples of tops that create a vertical body line.
4. Do not wear belts right on top of your belly. Having a solid horizontal line around your belly draws your eye straight to your middle. Instead, wear your belts above your waistline.
5. Wear your shirt or blouse untucked. Tucking your shirt or blouse creates a lot of extra bulk around your middle and creates a thicker appearance.
6. Add some shape wear to your wardrobe. I know shapewear can be annoy but it can really slim and hide your belly. There are lots of different styles available. I would suggest just going out and trying a few shapewear styles on and find something that you like and feel comfortable wearing.
With just a few fashion tricks, you can hide your belly and appear slimmer in minutes. Do you have any trick you would like to add to our list? Please share in the comments below. Have a great day and go be awesome!
8 Ways To Look Thinner In Your Own Clothes
We all want that lean look that comes from eating a well balanced diet and a great fitness routine but often, we are just too busy or too tired to keep up with it all. But if you have a few unwanted pounds that you want to hide, you can use these 8 simple style tips and tricks to help you look your best even on your busiest days!
Invest in some good quality shape wear
To look leaner, find shape wear that is comfortable and wear it. A good pair of slenderizing briefs or cami top that will suck in your stomach, slim your thighs, boost your back side, and define your waist can give you an instant thinner appearance.
Buy a couple of new bras
Did you know that over 80 percent of women wear the wrong bra size? It is true and it can make your look larger due to the appearance of sagging breasts. When there is proper space between your waist and chest, you appear leaner. Most mall retail stores offer free size measuring by a specialist and they will tell you the correct bra size you should be wearing. Go get fitted this weekend!
Invest in a good pencil skirt
A knee length pencil skirt is the most flattering skirt silhouette. Skirt length should hit in the middle of the knee. Where the bottom of the skirt ends on the leg, that area of the body will emphasized as larger. Wearing a calf length skirt will emphasize the widest part of your lower leg and give you a cut off and stocky appearance.
Be aware of shirt and jacket length
Be aware of where your shirt or jacket hits your body along your hip area. You want your tops and jackets to fall above or below the widest area of your hip. Falling right on the widest part of your hip area would bring more attention to that direct area.
Don’t forget the maxi skirts
A well-cut maxi skirt can actually give you the appearance of looking longer and leaner. Choose solid versions that skim the length of your body which will create a long vertical line. Avoid anything with thick pleats and bulky pockets. When wearing a maxi skirt, be sure to keep your top fitted. Also, make sure the skirt’s hemline is as long as you can go without tripping.
Wear one monochromatic color
Wear all one color and of course, I prefer black. Using one color is the oldest trick in the book and for good reason. This helps create a long single vertical line.
Hide problem areas with shade
If you don’t want to wear one color which can get boring, just try masking your problem areas with the shades of color. Wear bright colors on your best features and dark colors on your problem areas. If you are hippy, wearing a black skirt with a bright top and scarf. If you have a problem tummy, wearing a loose fitting blouse or jacket. If you are larger breasted, wearing a darker color blouse or top with a bright colored skirt.
Pull your hair back
Wear you hair up and off of your face. You can pull you hair back by either wearing a pretty headband or use a pony tail holder and hair pins. This will bring out your bone structure and make your face look thinner.
While being at a healthy weight is ideal, just a few simple changes in our wardrobes can have major changes on our appearance. What do you guys think? What are some of your favorite slim tricks?