In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” ~Acts 20:35
~ Giving ~ Charity ~ Philanthropy ~ Sharing ~ Helping Others ~ LOVE~
According to God’s Word, it is important to give to one another and we should also aim to teach our children how to help others as well. As parents and caregivers it is important that we allow our children to take an active role in charity so that when they are older, they will continue to try to help others and operate in love. Here is a wonderful opportunity that may be perfect for you and your child to begin or continue giving.
Operation Christmas Child (OCC) is a wonderful charity that needs your support to continue having a positive impact on children in need. Their National Collection Week (2012) is November 12-19th! So please consider donating a shoe box with a few necessities and gifts.
Here is what you will need to do:
- Obtain a shoe box or a plastic storage container.
- Determine whether or not the gift will be for a girl or boy.
- Fill it with gifts and necessities, like small toys or personal hygiene items. Also as suggested by OCC, you may want to include a personal note with a family picture!
- OCC asks that you include a $7 donation per box to cover “shipping and other project costs.”
- After you have wrapped a rubber-band around each shoe box, drop off the shoe box at a location near you OR send your box to the following address:
- Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child
801 Bamboo Road
Boone, NC 28607
There are so many people in the world that need your help! If you can, help to put a smile on a child’s face and pack a shoe box that can have a positive impact on a child in need.
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’ – Matthew 25:40
What would or have you included in a shoe box for OCC? Crayons? A notebook? A doll or a toy car?