“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…” Colossians 3:15
What an important verse to remember while we journey through life!!!
Well known, Evangelical leader, Joyce Meyer, authored a second book in the “Everyday Zoo” inspirational series for children entitled Field of Peace! My family and I loved this book– the story and the pictures (illustrated by Mary Sullivan) were awesome! Thanks again to DJC Communications, my family has another great book inspired by Christian principles!! Maybe you and your family will enjoy this book too!
Here is what we enjoyed about this book:
- As I said in my previous book review, I am always looking for books that are bible based and can teach my children life lessons. Author, Joyce Meyer, does a great job teaching several life principles in Field of Peace.
- Life Lessons – This book is a great conversation starter for little ones!! After reading this book, I talked to my 5 year old about the bible verse - Colossians 3:15, how to be a good teammate, definition of peace, and we listed different behaviors that make God happy and please Him.
- Characters — My daughter and I really loved the zoo characters in this series. My daughter noticed that the pictures display the characters’ feelings which is very important when trying to teach children about inner peace and pleasing God. We saw the sadness on the characters’ faces when they had been hurt and we noticed the disappointment on their faces when they felt bad about making the wrong choice.
- Referral Points for discussions later – Since the first time that we read this book, I have referred to it several times in my conversations with my daughter. Sometimes I simply say, “Think about your choices before you make them. Is your decision going to give you peace inside or are you going to feel yucky about it later?”
- This book is a little longer than some of the books that my daughter is used to reading but the story kept her full attention. She was able to summarize the entire story after the first time we read it. She picked up on the life lessons right away also!
- The language of the book was very easy for my 5 year old to understand!!
- Field of Peace is great for boys and girls . This book is recommended for ages 4-7 but I think that it is great for adults too! For us adults, this story is a simple reminder of the peace we have when we live a life that pleases God and when we willingly accept His guidance.
Have you and your children read any books from the “Everyday Zoo” series? What are some of your favorite Christian books for children and teens??
Disclaimer: I received this book to review for free; however, the opinions expressed are my own and yours may vary.