Do you wait to do your major back to school shopping for Tax free weekend? Many people do! I may grab a few clothing items, but I felt the stress this year to get it all done actually having a Kindergartener this year. Here are a few details you need to know if you plan to take advantage of the Tax free deals going on.
Back-to-School Tax Free Shopping Weekend for our area:
A few tips:
- Know what is included
- Know the $$ Limits
- Plan ahead knowing what you need
- Make a list of what you need and what stores you need to go to.
- Know various conditions and restrictions. Example: is paying off layaway now eliminate tax or does putting layaway in now eliminate the tax regardless of when you take it out.
- Have you checked nearby states or other states you have family or may be traveling to before school starts.
- Check the Sales Flyers
- Read up on the stores’ coupon rules. You may be able to stack them up for even more savings.
There are some stores at the Carolina Premium Outlets that have some sales during the tax free weekend and even have extended hours.
The basic details are:
August 3-5, 2012 and applies to the following items:
Clothing, footwear, and school supplies under $100
Sports and recreation equipment under $50
Computers under $3,500
Computer equipment under $250
What do you get the best deals on for Tax Free weekend? Printers, computers?
What stores do you frequent?
(image courtesy of flickr creative commons seniorliving.org)